Natural Remedies for Premature Gray Hair
Gray hair is among the most dreaded nightmares that women have. You might disagree, but no one really gives gray hair much thought until you find one of your own. That’s when it starts to feel like the world is crashing down on you. Like everything is changing. And we, as human beings, do not like change. These natural remedies are far better than the chemical dyes that leech into the skin and may cause cancer. Fortunately, nature provides us with simple and safe Natural Remedies for Premature Gray Hair that have been used since ancient times.
Home Remedies for Premature Gray Hair
Looking young and stylish is not a new thing. Even in olden times, people did care about their appearance. So they took help of various plants and cleverly found ways to keep their hair healthy and vibrant looking. You will be surprised how some common natural remedies for premature gray hair can work to reduce or even reverse the growth of grey hair. Besides, there are natural hair dyes to mask your grey strands and create beautiful shades of auburn, red, mahogany, black and blonde.
You can find several ingredients in your kitchen that can come in handy. Here are some natural remedies for premature gray hair that can help in slowing down greying:
Coconut Oil and Lemon
This effective recipe uses ingredients you may already have in your kitchen. It should be used at least two times a week to make hair black, soft, and shiny and slow the graying process.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Mix the coconut oil with the fresh lemon juice.
- Gently massage it into your scalp, and then comb it through the entire length of your hair.
- Leave it for an hour.
- Wash it out with mild shampoo or soap.
Henna, Shikakai, and Soap Nut
- 1 cup henna
- 2 tablespoons Indian gooseberry
- 1 tablespoon shikakai
- 1 tablespoon soap nut 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons curd
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients in an iron bowl. Mix it until it forms a paste, and leave it in the bowl overnight.
- Apply the paste on hair in the morning. Let it sit in your hair for two hours.
- Thoroughly rinse out the hair.
Sesame Seed Remedy
If available, choose black sesame seeds for these remedies. Because they have not been hulled, they retain more nutrients than white sesame seeds. However, both are rich in trace minerals and vitamin B. Natural remedies for premature gray hair will reduce hair loss and turn white hair black.
- Sesame seeds
- Soak the sesame seeds in water to make them soft.
- Use a food processor to mash them into a paste. You can also do this with a mortar and pestle, but the food processor is much less effort.
- Apply the resulting paste to the scalp and throughout the hair with gentle massaging movements.
Fenugreek and Coconut Oil Remedy
Natural remedies for premature gray hair will slow greying.
- Fenugreek leaves or powder
- One tablespoon coconut oil
- If you have fresh fenugreek leaves, wash them in clean water, and then mash them into a paste. Dry the paste in sunlight and prepare a powder of it. If you have fenugreek powder, skip this step.
- Mix the powder into coconut oil.
- Apply the mixture to your hair, and leave it in for half an hour.
- Rinse your hair with water.
Fenugreek seeds contain lecithin and essential amino acids which curb premature graying.
- 1/4th cup Fenugreek Seeds
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut oil until it starts to boil.
- To the boiling oil, add fenugreek seeds and heat for 6-8 minutes.
- Set the saucepan aside to cool.
- Once the oil has cooled, strain out the seeds and collect the oil in a jar.
- Take two tablespoons of coconut oil and start massaging it into your scalp and hair.
- Leave it in overnight.
- In the morning, wash your hair with a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
Onion juice has a rich content of the enzyme Catalase which helps reverse graying. Regular application can help darken your hair from the roots.
- 1 Onion Juice
- Extract the juice from one onion and collect it in a bowl.
- Massage the juice into your scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
- 2 tsp Black Tea Leaves
- 1 cup Water
- Boil the black tea in a cup of water and let it steep for a couple of minutes.
- Set the solution aside to cool.
- Once the tea has cooled, apply it to your hair and leave it in for an hour.
- Rinse your hair under cool running water.
- Do not shampoo.
For an oil massage, you can use almond, olive, mustard, coconut, Indian gooseberry, or mango kernel oil. Whichever oil you choose, be sure to buy it fresh and organic, and to use that particular oil over time to get better results.
- One hour before washing your hair, massage the oil into your scalp, and then comb it through the rest of your hair.
- After an hour, wash your hair normally.
As far as graying of hair goes, don't open those harmful chemical bottles so soon. Help is right in your kitchen. Here are the natural remedies for premature gray hair.
- Massage butter oil into your scalp and hair daily before your shower.
- Eat sesame.
- Regularly wash hair with gram flour and milk/curd mixture.
- Rub hair regularly with onion paste, and it will turn black.
- Take multivitamin containing minerals like zinc and copper, which prevent premature graying.
- Rub crushed raw or unripe papaya into hair for 10 minutes to cure dandruff and hair loss.
- Mix Indian gooseberry powder with lemon juice and rub the resulting paste into hair regularly. The white hairs will become black.
- Rot leeches in red wine for 45 days, and then apply the liquid to your hair to turn white hair black.
If you want to find out about natural treatment visit Herbs Solutions By Nature that can restore your original hair color go to and start looking the way you used to before you had gray hair.